May 20, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Viktor Stalberg is out of the doghouse.
The Chicago winger, dropped from the first two games of the Western Conference semifinals, will be back in the lineup for Game 3 when the ‘Hawks take on the Red Wings on Monday night.
“I don’t think I’ll play any different from sitting out — I want to go out and play the same way I have all year,” Stalberg told reporters upon learning of his re-insertion to the lineup. “If they didn’t think I did that the first round, so be it, but at the end of the day that’s what made us successful all year.”
Stalberg played all five of Chicago’s opening-round games against Minnesota, but was largely ineffective. He recorded just one assist and drew the ire of head coach Joel Quenneville, who has since decided Stalberg’s speed would be beneficial against a solid-skating Detroit side.
As for how the lineup will shake out?
Stalberg is expected to move onto the third line with Andrew Shaw and Bryan Bickell. That’ll mean Dave Bolland will bump up to center the second line (with Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp) while Michal Handzus will drop from second line to fourth line center duties.
It also sounds like Dan Carcillo will be a healthy scratch.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 27
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)