May 20, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
Viktor Stalberg is out of the doghouse.
The Chicago winger, dropped from the first two games of the Western Conference semifinals, will be back in the lineup for Game 3 when the ‘Hawks take on the Red Wings on Monday night.
“I don’t think I’ll play any different from sitting out — I want to go out and play the same way I have all year,” Stalberg told reporters upon learning of his re-insertion to the lineup. “If they didn’t think I did that the first round, so be it, but at the end of the day that’s what made us successful all year.”
Stalberg played all five of Chicago’s opening-round games against Minnesota, but was largely ineffective. He recorded just one assist and drew the ire of head coach Joel Quenneville, who has since decided Stalberg’s speed would be beneficial against a solid-skating Detroit side.
As for how the lineup will shake out?
Stalberg is expected to move onto the third line with Andrew Shaw and Bryan Bickell. That’ll mean Dave Bolland will bump up to center the second line (with Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp) while Michal Handzus will drop from second line to fourth line center duties.
It also sounds like Dan Carcillo will be a healthy scratch.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 0
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11