May 20, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Viktor Stalberg is out of the doghouse.
The Chicago winger, dropped from the first two games of the Western Conference semifinals, will be back in the lineup for Game 3 when the ‘Hawks take on the Red Wings on Monday night.
“I don’t think I’ll play any different from sitting out — I want to go out and play the same way I have all year,” Stalberg told reporters upon learning of his re-insertion to the lineup. “If they didn’t think I did that the first round, so be it, but at the end of the day that’s what made us successful all year.”
Stalberg played all five of Chicago’s opening-round games against Minnesota, but was largely ineffective. He recorded just one assist and drew the ire of head coach Joel Quenneville, who has since decided Stalberg’s speed would be beneficial against a solid-skating Detroit side.
As for how the lineup will shake out?
Stalberg is expected to move onto the third line with Andrew Shaw and Bryan Bickell. That’ll mean Dave Bolland will bump up to center the second line (with Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp) while Michal Handzus will drop from second line to fourth line center duties.
It also sounds like Dan Carcillo will be a healthy scratch.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 2
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 8
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)