May 20, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
Viktor Stalberg is out of the doghouse.
The Chicago winger, dropped from the first two games of the Western Conference semifinals, will be back in the lineup for Game 3 when the ‘Hawks take on the Red Wings on Monday night.
“I don’t think I’ll play any different from sitting out — I want to go out and play the same way I have all year,” Stalberg told reporters upon learning of his re-insertion to the lineup. “If they didn’t think I did that the first round, so be it, but at the end of the day that’s what made us successful all year.”
Stalberg played all five of Chicago’s opening-round games against Minnesota, but was largely ineffective. He recorded just one assist and drew the ire of head coach Joel Quenneville, who has since decided Stalberg’s speed would be beneficial against a solid-skating Detroit side.
As for how the lineup will shake out?
Stalberg is expected to move onto the third line with Andrew Shaw and Bryan Bickell. That’ll mean Dave Bolland will bump up to center the second line (with Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp) while Michal Handzus will drop from second line to fourth line center duties.
It also sounds like Dan Carcillo will be a healthy scratch.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)