May 20, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
After returning from a five-game absence to play in Game 3, Martin Havlat is back on the shelf again.
Havlat, who lasted just six shifts worth 4:52 of ice time before sustaining a lower-body injury, will be out of the San Jose lineup again on Tuesday when the Sharks take on the Kings in Game 4 at HP Pavilion.
“If you’re hurt and you can’t play, you can’t play,” Sharks head coach Todd McLellan said, explaining he didn’t know if Havlat aggravated the injury suffered during the opening game of the Vancouver series.
“We can be as frustrated as we want. It was hard because we had to juggle the lineup, but we talked about the difference between being injured and hurt. He’s injured.”
Havlat, 32, had eight goals and 10 assists in 40 games with the Sharks this year, averaging nearly 16 minutes per game.
As a result, forward Tim Kennedy could re-enter the lineup after playing Game 2 but being scratched from Game 3.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)