May 20, 2013, 12:55 AM EST
It might hurt a bit, but at least Colin Greening will have a good story to tell everybody tomorrow.
Sure, the Ottawa Senators’ forward scored the game-winning goal at 7:39 of double overtime to give his team a 2-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins Sunday night in Game 3 of the Western Conference semifinal.
He was also displaying a nasty cut on his cheek following the game during a post-game interview with CBC.
It’s not uncommon for hockey players’ faces to get bruised and nicked up and this seems to intensify during the Stanley Cup playoffs.
But there was a unique explanation for why there was blood dripping from Greening’s face. The photo was taken by Alyson Lozoff of Sportsnet.
“Thankfully they were able to get it all out,” said Greening, as per a tweet from Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun.
Dec 20, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
Larsson went to the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
Dec 20, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Saturday’s slew of starting goalies.
Dec 20, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Tampa Bay’s top goalie faced shots this morning.
Dec 20, 2014, 1:22 PM EST
Good luck trying to forecast their lines for Saturday.
Dec 20, 2014, 1:21 PM EST
In case you missed it.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
They believe that it isn’t a long-term issue.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Dec 20, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
It’s unclear what the specific ailment is.
Dec 20, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Absurd might be the right word.
Dec 20, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
As it turns out, the hockey exec’s name rhymes nicely with “must go.”
Dec 20, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
They label Jimmy Howard as day-to-day.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
They fell to Winnipeg 2-1 on Friday.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Then again, maybe the Ryan – Zibanejad – Hoffman line was just that good.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
A beauty in regulation and in the shootout.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
Sven Andrighetto is back up while Eric Tangradi heads to the AHL.
Dec 19, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
They’re playing safe for “precautionary” reasons.
Dec 19, 2014, 7:43 PM EST
It’s been 2,599 days since that last happened.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:47 PM EST
Let’s hope it’s just that type of illness …
Dec 19, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
It’s almost starting to feel like he has mutant powers.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:28 PM EST
They recalled Alexander Wennberg and Cody Goloubef.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28