May 20, 2013, 8:03 AM EST
We had plenty of dramatics last night with Ottawa’s 2-1 double-overtime win against the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Boston Bruins also took a 2-0 series lead, meaning that tonight’s series is the only one in the second round to involve a road team winning.
Game 3: Detroit Red Wings host Chicago Blackhawks (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN/Live Extra)
Series tied at 1-1
Everything seemed to click for Detroit in Game 2. Rookie Damien Brunner netted his second goal in as many games, Valtteri Filppula extended his recent hot streak after a disappointing regular season, and Johan Franzen scored his fourth goal of the playoffs.
The Red Wings still face an uphill climb to win this series, but now they have put the pressure on Chicago to win at least one game at Joe Louis Arena.
“Losing home ice, (it was) one of those days when they were much better than we were,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said in a CSN Chicago report. “And it certainly got our attention.”
Chicago’s Andrew Shaw added that his team is going to have to “ramp up our intensity in Game 3.”
One change for the Blackhawks might be the addition of Viktor Stalberg after he was listed as a healthy scratch for the last two games. Even when Stalberg has played, Chicago has barely utilized with the man advantage in the playoffs, so it will be interesting to see if he gets any playing time in those situations.
Dec 20, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Will take on the Devils in Jersey.
Dec 20, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
“We have players turning right back into the defensemen when he’s already committed to the hit.”
Dec 20, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Acquired from Edmonton yesterday.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:55 AM EST
“You want ‘em both?”
Dec 20, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
Four straight solid starts for the 36-year-old veteran who fell on hard times last season.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
He’ll face the Panthers tonight.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:13 AM EST
Canucks lost 4-1 to Dallas last night.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
Meanwhile, Darryl Sutter says it shouldn’t have been a major penalty.
Dec 20, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
Impressing a legend is lofty praise.
Dec 20, 2013, 9:36 AM EST
He won the Stanley Cup and an Olympic bronze medal.
Dec 20, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Sharks rookie Tomas Hertl was injured on the play.
Dec 20, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
That and the rest of the links to start your day.
Dec 20, 2013, 1:19 AM EST
Patrick Marleau spoiled it.
Dec 19, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
The Kings captain was suspended in April.
Dec 19, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
Not slacking off following that contract extension.
Dec 19, 2013, 11:01 PM EST
Toronto won 2-1 (SO).
Dec 19, 2013, 10:48 PM EST
His Goal of the Year entry …
Dec 19, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
They beat Calgary 3-2 in OT.
Dec 19, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
Mike Yeo on Minnesota: “We stunk.”
Dec 19, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
Maybe not an ideal trade-off.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 59
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 30
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)