May 20, 2013, 8:03 AM EDT
We had plenty of dramatics last night with Ottawa’s 2-1 double-overtime win against the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Boston Bruins also took a 2-0 series lead, meaning that tonight’s series is the only one in the second round to involve a road team winning.
Game 3: Detroit Red Wings host Chicago Blackhawks (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN/Live Extra)
Series tied at 1-1
Everything seemed to click for Detroit in Game 2. Rookie Damien Brunner netted his second goal in as many games, Valtteri Filppula extended his recent hot streak after a disappointing regular season, and Johan Franzen scored his fourth goal of the playoffs.
The Red Wings still face an uphill climb to win this series, but now they have put the pressure on Chicago to win at least one game at Joe Louis Arena.
“Losing home ice, (it was) one of those days when they were much better than we were,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said in a CSN Chicago report. “And it certainly got our attention.”
Chicago’s Andrew Shaw added that his team is going to have to “ramp up our intensity in Game 3.”
One change for the Blackhawks might be the addition of Viktor Stalberg after he was listed as a healthy scratch for the last two games. Even when Stalberg has played, Chicago has barely utilized with the man advantage in the playoffs, so it will be interesting to see if he gets any playing time in those situations.
Apr 28, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Nothing like a little competition to get things done.
Apr 28, 2015, 2:16 PM EDT
Isles defenseman missed the entire opening-round series loss to Washington.
Apr 28, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT
Kicks off on Thursday with the Rangers taking on the Caps, and the Flames facing the Ducks.
Apr 28, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
Jamie Benn’s having two of ’em!
Apr 28, 2015, 1:09 PM EDT
“I feel like I’ve let people down.”
Apr 28, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
Was dismissed by the Flyers 11 days ago.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
“It wasn’t a perfect fit, to be honest.”
Apr 28, 2015, 12:21 PM EDT
Should be an interesting offseason in Pittsburgh.
Apr 28, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
Though the former will be on the limp.
Apr 28, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
Both expected to be ready for training camp.
Apr 28, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
Occurred late in the second period on Monday night.
Apr 28, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Both are unrestricted free agents this summer.
Apr 28, 2015, 8:07 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:04 AM EDT
It’s also tough to say what happens next.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:16 PM EDT
Barry Trotz says he has the joy of a kid and the maturity of a man.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
Apr 27, 2015, 10:17 PM EDT
Washington shuts it down, big time.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Some great individual performances propel Tampa Bay.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:36 PM EDT
Game 7 is one of those “let them play” games.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
No penalty on the play.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 6
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)