May 20, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
But for Lundqvist, what likely remains a sore point is what happened in Game 2.
On Sunday, following the 5-2 loss that put New York down 2-0 in the series, Lundqvist said things need to change if the Rangers have any hope of staging a comeback.
“I thought I was in position (on Boston’s goals), but there were a couple screens, and if you give up five goals you can’t be satisfied, obviously,” he said, per the Daily News.
“But I’ve got to look at the way they scored the goals, too, and it’s about teamwork out there, and today that didn’t work for us in our own end. So I have to be better, and the guys in front of me have to step up next game.”
So far in the series, the Bruins have been doing a great job of making life difficult for last year’s Vezina Trophy winner.
For example, here’s Shawn Thornton providing a screen on Boston’s second goal:
And here’s Patrice Bergeron doing the same on the third goal:
“They had a lot of guys in front of me,” Lundqvist said. “I was trying to work hard to find pucks. It was definitely a tough game to play.”
Unfortunately for the Rangers, keeping the big, determined Bruins forwards from getting to the front of the net is easier said than done.
New York defenseman Dan Girardi had an especially tough Game 2, finishing minus-4 in less than 20 minutes of ice time.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)