May 20, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
There will be 101 players on hand in Toronto from May 27 to June 1 for the annual NHL Scouting Combine — including the two top prospects for the 2013 Entry Draft.
Seth Jones and Nathan MacKinnon, currently participating in the Memorial Cup in Saskatoon, will be on hand for interviews and fitness testing in preparation for the Draft, which will go on June 30 from the Prudential Center in New Jersey.
The NHL’s Central Scouting Bureau is expecting 86 North American and 15 European prospects to be on hand.
All will run through the battery of exercises, save two players — top-rated European prospect Alex Barkov, who had post-season shoulder surgery, and Darnell Nurse, the OHL Sault Ste. Marie defenseman who suffered an undisclosed injury.
If you’re interested (or really bored), you can check out the results of the ’12 combine here.
Apparently the average number of 150-pound bench press reps was seven, which seems a little low. /sucks in gut, flexes
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher 10
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)