May 20, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
There will be 101 players on hand in Toronto from May 27 to June 1 for the annual NHL Scouting Combine — including the two top prospects for the 2013 Entry Draft.
Seth Jones and Nathan MacKinnon, currently participating in the Memorial Cup in Saskatoon, will be on hand for interviews and fitness testing in preparation for the Draft, which will go on June 30 from the Prudential Center in New Jersey.
The NHL’s Central Scouting Bureau is expecting 86 North American and 15 European prospects to be on hand.
All will run through the battery of exercises, save two players — top-rated European prospect Alex Barkov, who had post-season shoulder surgery, and Darnell Nurse, the OHL Sault Ste. Marie defenseman who suffered an undisclosed injury.
If you’re interested (or really bored), you can check out the results of the ’12 combine here.
Apparently the average number of 150-pound bench press reps was seven, which seems a little low. /sucks in gut, flexes
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)