May 20, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
There will be 101 players on hand in Toronto from May 27 to June 1 for the annual NHL Scouting Combine — including the two top prospects for the 2013 Entry Draft.
Seth Jones and Nathan MacKinnon, currently participating in the Memorial Cup in Saskatoon, will be on hand for interviews and fitness testing in preparation for the Draft, which will go on June 30 from the Prudential Center in New Jersey.
The NHL’s Central Scouting Bureau is expecting 86 North American and 15 European prospects to be on hand.
All will run through the battery of exercises, save two players — top-rated European prospect Alex Barkov, who had post-season shoulder surgery, and Darnell Nurse, the OHL Sault Ste. Marie defenseman who suffered an undisclosed injury.
If you’re interested (or really bored), you can check out the results of the ’12 combine here.
Apparently the average number of 150-pound bench press reps was seven, which seems a little low. /sucks in gut, flexes
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)