May 20, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
There will be 101 players on hand in Toronto from May 27 to June 1 for the annual NHL Scouting Combine — including the two top prospects for the 2013 Entry Draft.
Seth Jones and Nathan MacKinnon, currently participating in the Memorial Cup in Saskatoon, will be on hand for interviews and fitness testing in preparation for the Draft, which will go on June 30 from the Prudential Center in New Jersey.
The NHL’s Central Scouting Bureau is expecting 86 North American and 15 European prospects to be on hand.
All will run through the battery of exercises, save two players — top-rated European prospect Alex Barkov, who had post-season shoulder surgery, and Darnell Nurse, the OHL Sault Ste. Marie defenseman who suffered an undisclosed injury.
If you’re interested (or really bored), you can check out the results of the ’12 combine here.
Apparently the average number of 150-pound bench press reps was seven, which seems a little low. /sucks in gut, flexes
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)