May 20, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
There will be 101 players on hand in Toronto from May 27 to June 1 for the annual NHL Scouting Combine — including the two top prospects for the 2013 Entry Draft.
Seth Jones and Nathan MacKinnon, currently participating in the Memorial Cup in Saskatoon, will be on hand for interviews and fitness testing in preparation for the Draft, which will go on June 30 from the Prudential Center in New Jersey.
The NHL’s Central Scouting Bureau is expecting 86 North American and 15 European prospects to be on hand.
All will run through the battery of exercises, save two players — top-rated European prospect Alex Barkov, who had post-season shoulder surgery, and Darnell Nurse, the OHL Sault Ste. Marie defenseman who suffered an undisclosed injury.
If you’re interested (or really bored), you can check out the results of the ’12 combine here.
Apparently the average number of 150-pound bench press reps was seven, which seems a little low. /sucks in gut, flexes
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 0
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 0
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 27
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 97
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36