May 20, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have agreed to terms with center William Karlsson on a three-year entry-level deal.
Karlsson, 20, was Anaheim’s second-round pick (53rd overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, and won this year’s Swedish Elite League rookie of the year after a banner campaign with HV71.
Karlsson scored 4G-24A-28PTS in 50 games and was also a member of Sweden’s silver medal-winning side at the World Juniors in January.
He’s part of Anaheim’s stellar ’11 draft class that has been making waves this season.
Rickard Rakell (taken 30th overall) was a point-a-game player with OHL Plymouth this season before making his NHL debut in January.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25