May 20, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
“We hit the wall when they disallowed the goal,” Quenneville said. “I disagree with the call. [He] didn’t touch the goalie.”
Then again, maybe the nature of the call is part of the question.
Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford was at the other end of the ice, but he commented that it was the first time he’s seen an “inside the crease” call since 2000. (Note that Crawford was speaking from his own perspective, not from a league-wide one.)
While it’s clear that the Blackhawks were upset about that disallowed goal either way, many believe that Patrick Kane‘s 2-1 goal shouldn’t have counted. So some might argue that the tough beats can go both ways.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10