May 20, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
“We hit the wall when they disallowed the goal,” Quenneville said. “I disagree with the call. [He] didn’t touch the goalie.”
Then again, maybe the nature of the call is part of the question.
Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford was at the other end of the ice, but he commented that it was the first time he’s seen an “inside the crease” call since 2000. (Note that Crawford was speaking from his own perspective, not from a league-wide one.)
While it’s clear that the Blackhawks were upset about that disallowed goal either way, many believe that Patrick Kane‘s 2-1 goal shouldn’t have counted. So some might argue that the tough beats can go both ways.
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 0
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 4
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18