May 20, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
“We hit the wall when they disallowed the goal,” Quenneville said. “I disagree with the call. [He] didn’t touch the goalie.”
Then again, maybe the nature of the call is part of the question.
Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford was at the other end of the ice, but he commented that it was the first time he’s seen an “inside the crease” call since 2000. (Note that Crawford was speaking from his own perspective, not from a league-wide one.)
While it’s clear that the Blackhawks were upset about that disallowed goal either way, many believe that Patrick Kane‘s 2-1 goal shouldn’t have counted. So some might argue that the tough beats can go both ways.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2