May 20, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Bruins coach Claude Julien could have a tough decision to make before tomorrow evening’s game in New York.
If injured defensemen Dennis Seidenberg and Wade Redden are ready to go — they skated this morning in Boston — what does Julien do with his three young blue-liners, Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Bartkowski?
One would assume Seidenberg — if healthy — would automatically be inserted back into the lineup. Redden, on the other hand, may be less of a sure thing.
CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty believes 19-year-old Hamilton is “the most logical candidate to come out of the lineup.”
However, Julien could also decide to scratch recent AHL callup Krug, despite the fact the 22-year-old had two goals and an assist in Games 1 and 2, both Boston victories.
Krug played just 12:56 yesterday, the least of any of the Bruins’ six d-men.
Whatever he decides to do, Julien wasn’t tipping his hand today.
“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,” he said.
Boston’s other injured d-man, Andrew Ference, is still reportedly wearing a protective boot on his left foot.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)