May 20, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Bruins coach Claude Julien could have a tough decision to make before tomorrow evening’s game in New York.
If injured defensemen Dennis Seidenberg and Wade Redden are ready to go — they skated this morning in Boston — what does Julien do with his three young blue-liners, Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Bartkowski?
One would assume Seidenberg — if healthy — would automatically be inserted back into the lineup. Redden, on the other hand, may be less of a sure thing.
CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty believes 19-year-old Hamilton is “the most logical candidate to come out of the lineup.”
However, Julien could also decide to scratch recent AHL callup Krug, despite the fact the 22-year-old had two goals and an assist in Games 1 and 2, both Boston victories.
Krug played just 12:56 yesterday, the least of any of the Bruins’ six d-men.
Whatever he decides to do, Julien wasn’t tipping his hand today.
“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,” he said.
Boston’s other injured d-man, Andrew Ference, is still reportedly wearing a protective boot on his left foot.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)