May 20, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Bruins coach Claude Julien could have a tough decision to make before tomorrow evening’s game in New York.
If injured defensemen Dennis Seidenberg and Wade Redden are ready to go — they skated this morning in Boston — what does Julien do with his three young blue-liners, Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Bartkowski?
One would assume Seidenberg — if healthy — would automatically be inserted back into the lineup. Redden, on the other hand, may be less of a sure thing.
CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty believes 19-year-old Hamilton is “the most logical candidate to come out of the lineup.”
However, Julien could also decide to scratch recent AHL callup Krug, despite the fact the 22-year-old had two goals and an assist in Games 1 and 2, both Boston victories.
Krug played just 12:56 yesterday, the least of any of the Bruins’ six d-men.
Whatever he decides to do, Julien wasn’t tipping his hand today.
“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,” he said.
Boston’s other injured d-man, Andrew Ference, is still reportedly wearing a protective boot on his left foot.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 14
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 23
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)