May 20, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien could have a tough decision to make before tomorrow evening’s game in New York.
If injured defensemen Dennis Seidenberg and Wade Redden are ready to go — they skated this morning in Boston — what does Julien do with his three young blue-liners, Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Bartkowski?
One would assume Seidenberg — if healthy — would automatically be inserted back into the lineup. Redden, on the other hand, may be less of a sure thing.
CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty believes 19-year-old Hamilton is “the most logical candidate to come out of the lineup.”
However, Julien could also decide to scratch recent AHL callup Krug, despite the fact the 22-year-old had two goals and an assist in Games 1 and 2, both Boston victories.
Krug played just 12:56 yesterday, the least of any of the Bruins’ six d-men.
Whatever he decides to do, Julien wasn’t tipping his hand today.
“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,” he said.
Boston’s other injured d-man, Andrew Ference, is still reportedly wearing a protective boot on his left foot.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)