May 19, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
A lot has been made about the struggles of Ottawa Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson, however he’s been a physical presence so far in Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Perhaps this will help Karlsson break free from the difficulties he’s faced in this Eastern Conference semifinal series with the Penguins.
The talented 22-year-old Karlsson rocked Penguins’ Chris Kunitz with a solid, open-ice body check at the Ottawa blue line late in the first period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2