May 19, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
A lot has been made about the struggles of Ottawa Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson, however he’s been a physical presence so far in Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Perhaps this will help Karlsson break free from the difficulties he’s faced in this Eastern Conference semifinal series with the Penguins.
The talented 22-year-old Karlsson rocked Penguins’ Chris Kunitz with a solid, open-ice body check at the Ottawa blue line late in the first period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 7
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 2
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 19
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 9
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 60
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)