May 19, 2013, 9:55 PM EST
Ottawa Senators’ defenseman Erik Karlsson tried to sell a call, but he ended up taking a seat in the penalty box.
Karlsson was nabbed for diving in the later stages of the second period, after he embellished on a Douglas Murray holding call.
Karlsson threw his head back as Murray’s free hand held him up on a play in the Pittsburgh corner. Both players received minor penalties out of it all.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)