May 19, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators’ defenseman Erik Karlsson tried to sell a call, but he ended up taking a seat in the penalty box.
Karlsson was nabbed for diving in the later stages of the second period, after he embellished on a Douglas Murray holding call.
Karlsson threw his head back as Murray’s free hand held him up on a play in the Pittsburgh corner. Both players received minor penalties out of it all.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 59
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5