May 19, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators’ defenseman Erik Karlsson tried to sell a call, but he ended up taking a seat in the penalty box.
Karlsson was nabbed for diving in the later stages of the second period, after he embellished on a Douglas Murray holding call.
Karlsson threw his head back as Murray’s free hand held him up on a play in the Pittsburgh corner. Both players received minor penalties out of it all.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 46
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)