May 19, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
With the teams deadlocked in a scoreless tie at the time, Crosby was sprung on a breakaway less than 20 seconds into the middle frame of Sunday’s Game 3 in the Eastern Conference semifinal.
Anderson, who was pulled in a Game 2 loss that put the Senators down 2-0 in the semifinal series, has been sharp through 40 minutes on Sunday, making 22 of 23 saves.
The Penguins did open the scoring late in the second period on a goal from Tyler Kennedy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)