May 19, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
With the teams deadlocked in a scoreless tie at the time, Crosby was sprung on a breakaway less than 20 seconds into the middle frame of Sunday’s Game 3 in the Eastern Conference semifinal.
Anderson, who was pulled in a Game 2 loss that put the Senators down 2-0 in the semifinal series, has been sharp through 40 minutes on Sunday, making 22 of 23 saves.
The Penguins did open the scoring late in the second period on a goal from Tyler Kennedy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 26
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 12
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 29
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 56
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)