May 19, 2013, 9:33 PM EST
With the teams deadlocked in a scoreless tie at the time, Crosby was sprung on a breakaway less than 20 seconds into the middle frame of Sunday’s Game 3 in the Eastern Conference semifinal.
Anderson, who was pulled in a Game 2 loss that put the Senators down 2-0 in the semifinal series, has been sharp through 40 minutes on Sunday, making 22 of 23 saves.
The Penguins did open the scoring late in the second period on a goal from Tyler Kennedy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 3
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)