May 19, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
With the teams deadlocked in a scoreless tie at the time, Crosby was sprung on a breakaway less than 20 seconds into the middle frame of Sunday’s Game 3 in the Eastern Conference semifinal.
Anderson, who was pulled in a Game 2 loss that put the Senators down 2-0 in the semifinal series, has been sharp through 40 minutes on Sunday, making 22 of 23 saves.
The Penguins did open the scoring late in the second period on a goal from Tyler Kennedy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 57
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (57)