May 19, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
Today’s Game 2 between New York and Boston didn’t get out to the start the Rangers wanted when Torey Krug put the Bruins ahead first, but it wouldn’t last long.
Captain Ryan Callahan would pick Brad Marchand‘s pocket and race to the other end of the ice, blowing past Dougie Hamilton and fooling Tuukka Rask on his way to a dazzling tying goal. Check out the video here.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Think Bruins coach Claude Julien might have a word with Marchand about his “effort” to backcheck and make up for his mistake?
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 53
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12