May 19, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
It was a save that could’ve given the New York Rangers a third period boost. But that wasn’t the case.
Henrik Lundqvist made a highlight stop on Boston Bruins’ forward Jaromir Jagr just past the midway point of the third period in the Rangers’ 5-2 loss Sunday evening. Heck of a save, as Lundqvist slid across to his left to take away what looked to be a sure goal for Jagr.
It was a bright moment in a very ordinary performance from Lundqvist. He made only 27 saves on 32 shots and was outplayed at the other end by Bruins’ netminder Tuukka Rask, who made 35 saves. The Rangers now trail the Bruins 2-0 in the best-of-seven semifinal series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7