May 19, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
It was a save that could’ve given the New York Rangers a third period boost. But that wasn’t the case.
Henrik Lundqvist made a highlight stop on Boston Bruins’ forward Jaromir Jagr just past the midway point of the third period in the Rangers’ 5-2 loss Sunday evening. Heck of a save, as Lundqvist slid across to his left to take away what looked to be a sure goal for Jagr.
It was a bright moment in a very ordinary performance from Lundqvist. He made only 27 saves on 32 shots and was outplayed at the other end by Bruins’ netminder Tuukka Rask, who made 35 saves. The Rangers now trail the Bruins 2-0 in the best-of-seven semifinal series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2