May 19, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick can breathe a little easier this afternoon.
It was under the NHL’s discretion whether they wanted to pursue further action against him as it’s in the league rule book as an option, but with this being the middle of the playoffs and emotions run a little hotter than normal, they opted against it.
That won’t help keep cooler heads from prevailing as we’ve seen two games in a row in this series wind up being decided thanks to late penalty calls. Teams will always argue that they want games settled five-on-five but then want crucial calls being made. Unfortunately, it can’t happen both ways.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)