May 19, 2013, 1:09 PM EST
Last night’s Sharks overtime win, courtesy of a couple of late penalties by the Kings, didn’t sit all that well with Kings goalie Jonathan Quick. While he didn’t sound off after the game, like Dustin Penner managed to do, he did so on the ice.
Quick was assessed a game misconduct at the conclusion of last night’s game for abuse of officials. As Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider notes, that kind of penalty comes with a mandatory $200 fine. It also might come with league discipline as well.
Rule 39.5 of the NHL rule book says any player assessed a game misconduct penalty for abusing officials is subject to supplemental discipline. Would the league step in and defend their officials so hard that they’d possibly suspend Quick? Very doubtful. There could be a bigger fine in Quick’s future depending on what was said, however. Let’s just assume there were a lot of four-letter words.
Dec 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Have won eight straight at home, but must travel to Anaheim tonight.
Dec 22, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“Is it true? I don’t know.”
Dec 22, 2014, 12:52 PM EST
After teammates Travis Zajac and Adam Larsson both had them.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Oh no, not this again.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
Will GM Chuck Fletcher do anything about it?
Dec 22, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Kings’ center broke out of his slump in a major way.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
“I talked with Dallas and they think it’s a good experience for me to play for my country and play for the national team.”
Dec 22, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Connor McDavid and Sam Reinhart will be the alternates.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Lots of pressure on the Bruins and Leafs.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
Will Willie Mitchell and Kris Letang square off again tonight in Florida?
Dec 22, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
“I’ve used almost every strategy I’ve got, and I love him.”
Dec 22, 2014, 9:42 AM EST
Volpatti will return to the long-term injured reserve list.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:54 AM EST
Brian Gionta was injured as a result of the blow.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Monday’s collection of links.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:16 AM EST
He’s the oldest goalie to win his debut since Hugh Lehman in 1926.
Dec 21, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Buffalo suffered its third straight loss.
Dec 21, 2014, 10:07 PM EST
Toronto has lost three straight games.
Dec 21, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
Will this be the worst season Edmonton has ever had?
Dec 21, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Varlamov is expected to be back on Tuesday.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 9
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 12
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 38
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8