May 19, 2013, 1:09 PM EST
Last night’s Sharks overtime win, courtesy of a couple of late penalties by the Kings, didn’t sit all that well with Kings goalie Jonathan Quick. While he didn’t sound off after the game, like Dustin Penner managed to do, he did so on the ice.
Quick was assessed a game misconduct at the conclusion of last night’s game for abuse of officials. As Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider notes, that kind of penalty comes with a mandatory $200 fine. It also might come with league discipline as well.
Rule 39.5 of the NHL rule book says any player assessed a game misconduct penalty for abusing officials is subject to supplemental discipline. Would the league step in and defend their officials so hard that they’d possibly suspend Quick? Very doubtful. There could be a bigger fine in Quick’s future depending on what was said, however. Let’s just assume there were a lot of four-letter words.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 48
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (49)