May 19, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
Some might call the San Jose Sharks receiving a late 5-on-3 advantage in Game 3 after the Los Angeles Kings got one in Game 2 “justice.” Others may label it as two wrongs not making a right. Kings winger Dustin Penner deems it a gutsy call.
“I find it very tough to believe that a player as intelligent as Trevor would run the goalie,” Penner said. “I asked him and he said he was pushed from behind. I believe him. I’m disappointed in the refs that they could make a gutsy call like that in the last 30 seconds of a period. It’s pretty impressive when you have enough gall to guess. I’m going to look at the tape and see if he got pushed because I know what it is like to drive the net.”
Lewis, 26, said he didn’t think it was a penalty.
Want to see for yourself? This video clip includes both penalties:
“Tough call to make, going down 5-on-3,” Fraser said. “He’s going to call it as he sees it. We came within inches of killing them off.’
Instead, the Sharks won 2-1, reducing the Kings’ series lead down to 2-1. That left Los Angeles complaining … but probably not enough to get fined $100K.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)