May 19, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
Some might call the San Jose Sharks receiving a late 5-on-3 advantage in Game 3 after the Los Angeles Kings got one in Game 2 “justice.” Others may label it as two wrongs not making a right. Kings winger Dustin Penner deems it a gutsy call.
“I find it very tough to believe that a player as intelligent as Trevor would run the goalie,” Penner said. “I asked him and he said he was pushed from behind. I believe him. I’m disappointed in the refs that they could make a gutsy call like that in the last 30 seconds of a period. It’s pretty impressive when you have enough gall to guess. I’m going to look at the tape and see if he got pushed because I know what it is like to drive the net.”
Lewis, 26, said he didn’t think it was a penalty.
Want to see for yourself? This video clip includes both penalties:
“Tough call to make, going down 5-on-3,” Fraser said. “He’s going to call it as he sees it. We came within inches of killing them off.’
Instead, the Sharks won 2-1, reducing the Kings’ series lead down to 2-1. That left Los Angeles complaining … but probably not enough to get fined $100K.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)