May 19, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson had a Game 2 against Pittsburgh he’d like to forget. He played just 15:37, the fewest minutes he’s seen in the playoffs in his short career, and was abused by Sidney Crosby as he cruised to a hat trick.
For Karlsson, however, he’s eager to improve how he’s playing. Erin Nicks of NHL.com hears it from the man himself.
“I’m not playing the way I want to,” Karlsson said. “I [have to] play a little bit more poised with the puck and a little bit faster in our own zone. I can’t doubt myself.”
This is one of those situations where Ottawa fans hope Karlsson has a short memory because of how forgettable Game 2 was for him. It’s easy to forget that his comeback from a torn Achilles tendon was the feel-good story at the end of the season and into the first-round of the playoffs, but you wonder if that’s hampering his ability to keep up with the talent of the Penguins.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)