May 19, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
Relatively unknown defenseman Torey Krug scored again for the Boston Bruins.
The 22-year-old blue liner, who has a grand total of five National Hockey League games – combined between regular season and playoffs – under his belt, scored his second goal of the Eastern Conference semifinal in Sunday’s 5-2 Boston win that gives the Bruins a 2-0 series lead.
In two playoff games with the Bruins, Krug has three points. He added an assist in Game 2, as well.
Given the situation he’s in – Stanley Cup playoffs, Original Six match-up – one might think he’d endure a certain amount of struggle. Not the case, at least from what it looks like so far.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 12
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 65
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)