May 19, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
Relatively unknown defenseman Torey Krug scored again for the Boston Bruins.
The 22-year-old blue liner, who has a grand total of five National Hockey League games – combined between regular season and playoffs – under his belt, scored his second goal of the Eastern Conference semifinal in Sunday’s 5-2 Boston win that gives the Bruins a 2-0 series lead.
In two playoff games with the Bruins, Krug has three points. He added an assist in Game 2, as well.
Given the situation he’s in – Stanley Cup playoffs, Original Six match-up – one might think he’d endure a certain amount of struggle. Not the case, at least from what it looks like so far.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 46
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39