May 19, 2013, 7:31 PM EST
Relatively unknown defenseman Torey Krug scored again for the Boston Bruins.
The 22-year-old blue liner, who has a grand total of five National Hockey League games – combined between regular season and playoffs – under his belt, scored his second goal of the Eastern Conference semifinal in Sunday’s 5-2 Boston win that gives the Bruins a 2-0 series lead.
In two playoff games with the Bruins, Krug has three points. He added an assist in Game 2, as well.
Given the situation he’s in – Stanley Cup playoffs, Original Six match-up – one might think he’d endure a certain amount of struggle. Not the case, at least from what it looks like so far.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 50
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (50)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)