May 19, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
Relatively unknown defenseman Torey Krug scored again for the Boston Bruins.
The 22-year-old blue liner, who has a grand total of five National Hockey League games – combined between regular season and playoffs – under his belt, scored his second goal of the Eastern Conference semifinal in Sunday’s 5-2 Boston win that gives the Bruins a 2-0 series lead.
In two playoff games with the Bruins, Krug has three points. He added an assist in Game 2, as well.
Given the situation he’s in – Stanley Cup playoffs, Original Six match-up – one might think he’d endure a certain amount of struggle. Not the case, at least from what it looks like so far.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)