May 19, 2013, 7:31 PM EST
Relatively unknown defenseman Torey Krug scored again for the Boston Bruins.
The 22-year-old blue liner, who has a grand total of five National Hockey League games – combined between regular season and playoffs – under his belt, scored his second goal of the Eastern Conference semifinal in Sunday’s 5-2 Boston win that gives the Bruins a 2-0 series lead.
In two playoff games with the Bruins, Krug has three points. He added an assist in Game 2, as well.
Given the situation he’s in – Stanley Cup playoffs, Original Six match-up – one might think he’d endure a certain amount of struggle. Not the case, at least from what it looks like so far.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)