May 19, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 3 saw the Kings get stung for two calls late in the third period of a 1-1 game that led to a 5-on-3 power play for San Jose that saw Logan Couture capitalize on in overtime for the win, and you could feel the angst coming.
“It’s part of it. It happens. Certainly we’re not happy with the calls, but what team really is? So we’ll try to do our best to dust ourselves off and get ready for the next one,” he said.
“No. To be honest, I haven’t seen them, so there’s really nothing I can say. I’m not even complaining about them – I just mean in general. I mean, any time you get a penalty in the playoffs, you don’t want to take one, and certainly if its what you might deem as a pretty easy call, then certainly you’re not going to be happy with it. But I haven’t seen the replays, so I have no right to say or judge anything.”
One thing we haven’t lacked in the postseason are complaints about officiating. Alex Ovechkin has conspiracy theories, backed up by his GM George McPhee and Jonathan Toews has gripes of his own. Maybe there’s actually something to this if everyone has an issue. Then again, maybe the officials are equally infuriating which somehow makes it all fair.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 23
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3