May 19, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 3 saw the Kings get stung for two calls late in the third period of a 1-1 game that led to a 5-on-3 power play for San Jose that saw Logan Couture capitalize on in overtime for the win, and you could feel the angst coming.
“It’s part of it. It happens. Certainly we’re not happy with the calls, but what team really is? So we’ll try to do our best to dust ourselves off and get ready for the next one,” he said.
“No. To be honest, I haven’t seen them, so there’s really nothing I can say. I’m not even complaining about them – I just mean in general. I mean, any time you get a penalty in the playoffs, you don’t want to take one, and certainly if its what you might deem as a pretty easy call, then certainly you’re not going to be happy with it. But I haven’t seen the replays, so I have no right to say or judge anything.”
One thing we haven’t lacked in the postseason are complaints about officiating. Alex Ovechkin has conspiracy theories, backed up by his GM George McPhee and Jonathan Toews has gripes of his own. Maybe there’s actually something to this if everyone has an issue. Then again, maybe the officials are equally infuriating which somehow makes it all fair.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)