May 19, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 3 saw the Kings get stung for two calls late in the third period of a 1-1 game that led to a 5-on-3 power play for San Jose that saw Logan Couture capitalize on in overtime for the win, and you could feel the angst coming.
“It’s part of it. It happens. Certainly we’re not happy with the calls, but what team really is? So we’ll try to do our best to dust ourselves off and get ready for the next one,” he said.
“No. To be honest, I haven’t seen them, so there’s really nothing I can say. I’m not even complaining about them – I just mean in general. I mean, any time you get a penalty in the playoffs, you don’t want to take one, and certainly if its what you might deem as a pretty easy call, then certainly you’re not going to be happy with it. But I haven’t seen the replays, so I have no right to say or judge anything.”
One thing we haven’t lacked in the postseason are complaints about officiating. Alex Ovechkin has conspiracy theories, backed up by his GM George McPhee and Jonathan Toews has gripes of his own. Maybe there’s actually something to this if everyone has an issue. Then again, maybe the officials are equally infuriating which somehow makes it all fair.
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 3
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 6
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)