May 19, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 3 saw the Kings get stung for two calls late in the third period of a 1-1 game that led to a 5-on-3 power play for San Jose that saw Logan Couture capitalize on in overtime for the win, and you could feel the angst coming.
“It’s part of it. It happens. Certainly we’re not happy with the calls, but what team really is? So we’ll try to do our best to dust ourselves off and get ready for the next one,” he said.
“No. To be honest, I haven’t seen them, so there’s really nothing I can say. I’m not even complaining about them – I just mean in general. I mean, any time you get a penalty in the playoffs, you don’t want to take one, and certainly if its what you might deem as a pretty easy call, then certainly you’re not going to be happy with it. But I haven’t seen the replays, so I have no right to say or judge anything.”
One thing we haven’t lacked in the postseason are complaints about officiating. Alex Ovechkin has conspiracy theories, backed up by his GM George McPhee and Jonathan Toews has gripes of his own. Maybe there’s actually something to this if everyone has an issue. Then again, maybe the officials are equally infuriating which somehow makes it all fair.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5