May 19, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 3 saw the Kings get stung for two calls late in the third period of a 1-1 game that led to a 5-on-3 power play for San Jose that saw Logan Couture capitalize on in overtime for the win, and you could feel the angst coming.
“It’s part of it. It happens. Certainly we’re not happy with the calls, but what team really is? So we’ll try to do our best to dust ourselves off and get ready for the next one,” he said.
“No. To be honest, I haven’t seen them, so there’s really nothing I can say. I’m not even complaining about them – I just mean in general. I mean, any time you get a penalty in the playoffs, you don’t want to take one, and certainly if its what you might deem as a pretty easy call, then certainly you’re not going to be happy with it. But I haven’t seen the replays, so I have no right to say or judge anything.”
One thing we haven’t lacked in the postseason are complaints about officiating. Alex Ovechkin has conspiracy theories, backed up by his GM George McPhee and Jonathan Toews has gripes of his own. Maybe there’s actually something to this if everyone has an issue. Then again, maybe the officials are equally infuriating which somehow makes it all fair.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 8
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)