May 19, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr hasn’t been quite what the Boston Bruins have hoped for in the postseason. The future Hall of Famer has no goals in the postseason and for all intents and purposes is in an offensive slump. That’s not going to stop him from trying though.
NHL.com’s Dan Rosen hears from Jagr about what his mindset is while he struggles to contribute in the playoffs.
“It doesn’t really matter how many goals you’ve scored before, the confidence comes with any play — any good play can give you the confidence, any good pass that can score a goal can change it around,” Jagr said. “You’ve just got to work hard and go through it. I’m not going to give up. Of course I’d like to help this team a little more than I do right now, but the only thing I can do about it is work hard.”
You don’t play for as long as Jagr has without working hard and after over 20 years of pro hockey it’s safe to say he knows how to get it done.
That said, he struggled scoring goals last season in the playoffs for the Flyers netting just one of his own. If he’s not scoring them for Boston, assisting others would be just as well.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)