May 19, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr hasn’t been quite what the Boston Bruins have hoped for in the postseason. The future Hall of Famer has no goals in the postseason and for all intents and purposes is in an offensive slump. That’s not going to stop him from trying though.
NHL.com’s Dan Rosen hears from Jagr about what his mindset is while he struggles to contribute in the playoffs.
“It doesn’t really matter how many goals you’ve scored before, the confidence comes with any play — any good play can give you the confidence, any good pass that can score a goal can change it around,” Jagr said. “You’ve just got to work hard and go through it. I’m not going to give up. Of course I’d like to help this team a little more than I do right now, but the only thing I can do about it is work hard.”
You don’t play for as long as Jagr has without working hard and after over 20 years of pro hockey it’s safe to say he knows how to get it done.
That said, he struggled scoring goals last season in the playoffs for the Flyers netting just one of his own. If he’s not scoring them for Boston, assisting others would be just as well.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)