May 19, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks fell victim to a late 5-on-3 power play in Game 2. A similar situation helped them beat the Los Angeles Kings in Game 3 on Saturday as Logan Couture won it 2-1 in OT.
Let’s talk about it.
- How about Couture’s night? He went from being questionable to return from an injury to scoring the OT winner with just a little bit of time remaining on what was left of the Sharks’ PP. (It was actually down to a 5-on-4.)
- What about the calls? Were the two penalties (Robyn Regehr for hooking, Trevor Lewis for goalie interference) justified, were they examples of “make-up calls” or could it be some combination of the two?
- The Sharks carried a heavy 40-27 shot advantage, finally besting Jonathan Quick. Even so, there’s the possibility that the reigning Conn Smythe winner is “in their heads.” Do you think that is true?
- Joe Thornton left many stats-leaning people marveling on Twitter. Is he still an elite player? What about his Hall of Fame credentials (or lack thereof)?
- Both teams get a big break as Game 4 won’t happen until Tuesday. Which squad benefits the most from the breather?
- Do the Sharks need to win Game 4 to have a real chance to win this series?
- More directly: which team do you think will advance to the Western Conference finals?
Mar 30, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
A new wrinkle to the rivalry.
Mar 30, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
He shakes off Saturday’s scary crash.
Mar 30, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
Could he be ahead of schedule?
Mar 30, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Mar 30, 2015, 5:33 PM EDT
L.A.’s first time back in Chicago since Game 7 of last year’s Western Conference Final.
Mar 30, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT
No more James Wisniewski.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:56 PM EDT
Could be helpful in attracting and retaining free agents.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
The drive began by focusing on individuals for season ticket packages.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT
“I think it’s going to come right down to the morning skate.”
Mar 30, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 30, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
Flyers d-man has a lower-body injury.
Mar 30, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
“A win tonight would be good for our team, both physically and mentally.”
Mar 30, 2015, 1:42 PM EDT
Tough journey through St. Louis, Nashville, Chicago and Winnipeg.
Mar 30, 2015, 1:24 PM EDT
Incident occurred prior to a promotion game in the Swedish league.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT
And so the dance begins…
Mar 30, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Alex Steen is out, however.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Has the Wild’s savior goalie done enough to make him a Vezina Trophy finalist?
Mar 30, 2015, 11:37 AM EDT
Joins Braydon Coburn and Andrej Sustr on the shelf.
Mar 30, 2015, 11:23 AM EDT
Bruins in a much better spot after a successful weekend. (Not so for the Sens.)
Mar 30, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
Vermont goalie Brody Hoffman and Minnesota State blueliner Zach Palmquist come aboard.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7