May 19, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Twenty-nine seconds separated the Ottawa Senators from the brink of elimination.
The Senators now trail the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1 in the best-of-seven series.
- Pucks at the net in overtime. Andre Benoit took the point shot and Greening put home the rebound at 7:39 of double overtime.
- Daniel Alfredsson tied the game with 29 seconds remaining in regulation. It was a short-handed goal, with Erik Karlsson in the box for a slashing minor.
- Craig Anderson, who was pulled in Game 2, made 49 saves in a bounce-back performance Sunday.
- Both teams had power plays in the second overtime period. Neither could capitalize.
- The two teams were a combined 0-9 on the power play.
- Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby were kept off the score sheet.
- Tyler Kennedy scored the only goal of the night for Pittsburgh. It came a while ago, back with 1:07 remaining in the second period. It nearly stood as the winner.
- Jason Spezza, the Senators forward who hadn’t played since Jan. 27 and underwent back surgery earlier this season, made his return to the lineup. He played 18:40 in ice time.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)