May 19, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Twenty-nine seconds separated the Ottawa Senators from the brink of elimination.
The Senators now trail the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1 in the best-of-seven series.
- Pucks at the net in overtime. Andre Benoit took the point shot and Greening put home the rebound at 7:39 of double overtime.
- Daniel Alfredsson tied the game with 29 seconds remaining in regulation. It was a short-handed goal, with Erik Karlsson in the box for a slashing minor.
- Craig Anderson, who was pulled in Game 2, made 49 saves in a bounce-back performance Sunday.
- Both teams had power plays in the second overtime period. Neither could capitalize.
- The two teams were a combined 0-9 on the power play.
- Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby were kept off the score sheet.
- Tyler Kennedy scored the only goal of the night for Pittsburgh. It came a while ago, back with 1:07 remaining in the second period. It nearly stood as the winner.
- Jason Spezza, the Senators forward who hadn’t played since Jan. 27 and underwent back surgery earlier this season, made his return to the lineup. He played 18:40 in ice time.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 12
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 16
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)