May 19, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
Boston’s trio of young defensemen are going to be put to the test once again in Game 2 this afternoon.
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced that both Wade Redden and Dennis Seidenberg skated this morning but will not play against the Rangers today. Those two along with injured Andrew Ference make way for Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, and Torey Krug to get the call once again.
That troika of young defensemen did well in Game 1 holding the Rangers attack back while the Bruins took the game home in overtime. Krug added a power-play goal in the third period of Game 1 that helped send the game to extra time. Bartkowski, meanwhile, played over 26 minutes giving Julien reason to trust in him.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9