May 19, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
Boston’s trio of young defensemen are going to be put to the test once again in Game 2 this afternoon.
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced that both Wade Redden and Dennis Seidenberg skated this morning but will not play against the Rangers today. Those two along with injured Andrew Ference make way for Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, and Torey Krug to get the call once again.
That troika of young defensemen did well in Game 1 holding the Rangers attack back while the Bruins took the game home in overtime. Krug added a power-play goal in the third period of Game 1 that helped send the game to extra time. Bartkowski, meanwhile, played over 26 minutes giving Julien reason to trust in him.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)