May 19, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Boston’s trio of young defensemen are going to be put to the test once again in Game 2 this afternoon.
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced that both Wade Redden and Dennis Seidenberg skated this morning but will not play against the Rangers today. Those two along with injured Andrew Ference make way for Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, and Torey Krug to get the call once again.
That troika of young defensemen did well in Game 1 holding the Rangers attack back while the Bruins took the game home in overtime. Krug added a power-play goal in the third period of Game 1 that helped send the game to extra time. Bartkowski, meanwhile, played over 26 minutes giving Julien reason to trust in him.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 46
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39