May 19, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Boston’s trio of young defensemen are going to be put to the test once again in Game 2 this afternoon.
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced that both Wade Redden and Dennis Seidenberg skated this morning but will not play against the Rangers today. Those two along with injured Andrew Ference make way for Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, and Torey Krug to get the call once again.
That troika of young defensemen did well in Game 1 holding the Rangers attack back while the Bruins took the game home in overtime. Krug added a power-play goal in the third period of Game 1 that helped send the game to extra time. Bartkowski, meanwhile, played over 26 minutes giving Julien reason to trust in him.
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 5
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 23
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 98
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)