May 19, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Boston’s trio of young defensemen are going to be put to the test once again in Game 2 this afternoon.
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced that both Wade Redden and Dennis Seidenberg skated this morning but will not play against the Rangers today. Those two along with injured Andrew Ference make way for Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, and Torey Krug to get the call once again.
That troika of young defensemen did well in Game 1 holding the Rangers attack back while the Bruins took the game home in overtime. Krug added a power-play goal in the third period of Game 1 that helped send the game to extra time. Bartkowski, meanwhile, played over 26 minutes giving Julien reason to trust in him.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 4
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 32
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 21
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)