May 18, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Detroit’s 4-1 victory in Game 2 to tie up their series with Chicago was salted away in the third period thanks to goals from Johan Franzen and Valtteri Filppula. It was the latter’s goal, however, that’s worthy of getting another look.
Based on a faceoff in their own end, it all starts with Henrik Zetterberg turning things the other way to start a three-on-two rush and culminates with Filppula using his stickhandling skills and ability to temporarily fly through the air to beat Corey Crawford five-hole. Check it out for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45