May 18, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Detroit’s 4-1 victory in Game 2 to tie up their series with Chicago was salted away in the third period thanks to goals from Johan Franzen and Valtteri Filppula. It was the latter’s goal, however, that’s worthy of getting another look.
Based on a faceoff in their own end, it all starts with Henrik Zetterberg turning things the other way to start a three-on-two rush and culminates with Filppula using his stickhandling skills and ability to temporarily fly through the air to beat Corey Crawford five-hole. Check it out for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55