May 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
Los Angeles Kings forward Tyler Toffoli jumped on a San Jose Sharks blunder to score the first playoff goal of his young NHL career in Game 3 on Sunday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Whether you blame Antti Niemi or a Sharks skater for the mishap (or a combination of players), these are the kind of mistakes that really burn because the two teams have been playing at such a tight, well-matched pace lately.
Then again, the Kings bounced back against a huge gaffe in their first-round series versus the St. Louis Blues, so the Sharks know that their situation isn’t hopeless.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)