May 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings forward Tyler Toffoli jumped on a San Jose Sharks blunder to score the first playoff goal of his young NHL career in Game 3 on Sunday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Whether you blame Antti Niemi or a Sharks skater for the mishap (or a combination of players), these are the kind of mistakes that really burn because the two teams have been playing at such a tight, well-matched pace lately.
Then again, the Kings bounced back against a huge gaffe in their first-round series versus the St. Louis Blues, so the Sharks know that their situation isn’t hopeless.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)