May 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings forward Tyler Toffoli jumped on a San Jose Sharks blunder to score the first playoff goal of his young NHL career in Game 3 on Sunday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Whether you blame Antti Niemi or a Sharks skater for the mishap (or a combination of players), these are the kind of mistakes that really burn because the two teams have been playing at such a tight, well-matched pace lately.
Then again, the Kings bounced back against a huge gaffe in their first-round series versus the St. Louis Blues, so the Sharks know that their situation isn’t hopeless.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)