May 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings forward Tyler Toffoli jumped on a San Jose Sharks blunder to score the first playoff goal of his young NHL career in Game 3 on Sunday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Whether you blame Antti Niemi or a Sharks skater for the mishap (or a combination of players), these are the kind of mistakes that really burn because the two teams have been playing at such a tight, well-matched pace lately.
Then again, the Kings bounced back against a huge gaffe in their first-round series versus the St. Louis Blues, so the Sharks know that their situation isn’t hopeless.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 20
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 16
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)