May 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings forward Tyler Toffoli jumped on a San Jose Sharks blunder to score the first playoff goal of his young NHL career in Game 3 on Sunday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Whether you blame Antti Niemi or a Sharks skater for the mishap (or a combination of players), these are the kind of mistakes that really burn because the two teams have been playing at such a tight, well-matched pace lately.
Then again, the Kings bounced back against a huge gaffe in their first-round series versus the St. Louis Blues, so the Sharks know that their situation isn’t hopeless.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 0
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 3
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 10
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 3
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)