May 18, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Toews told reporters after the game he wasn’t happy with how rough the Red Wings were with him and the rest of his team and that the calls should start being made because of it. Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times provides the postgame airing of grievances via Twitter.
“There’s a lot of clutch and grab, lot of interference, and if they’re going to let that go, that’s something we need to know,” Toews said. “It’s just tough to understand sometimes why we get roughing and hooking penalties, [and] that doesn’t go both ways.”
“If that’s the way they’re going to play, we need to play the same way.”
Is Toews ticked about losing and venting? Probably. Is he politicking for more calls to be made? Absolutely.
Chicago took five penalties to Detroit’s three while the Red Wings finished the game going 0-4 on the power play. Chicago went 0-2 in Game 2 but were 1-3 on the man advantage in Game 1. You can bet he wants to see his team get more chances on the power play moving forward.
Game 3 is Monday night at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)