May 18, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Toews told reporters after the game he wasn’t happy with how rough the Red Wings were with him and the rest of his team and that the calls should start being made because of it. Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times provides the postgame airing of grievances via Twitter.
“There’s a lot of clutch and grab, lot of interference, and if they’re going to let that go, that’s something we need to know,” Toews said. “It’s just tough to understand sometimes why we get roughing and hooking penalties, [and] that doesn’t go both ways.”
“If that’s the way they’re going to play, we need to play the same way.”
Is Toews ticked about losing and venting? Probably. Is he politicking for more calls to be made? Absolutely.
Chicago took five penalties to Detroit’s three while the Red Wings finished the game going 0-4 on the power play. Chicago went 0-2 in Game 2 but were 1-3 on the man advantage in Game 1. You can bet he wants to see his team get more chances on the power play moving forward.
Game 3 is Monday night at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)