May 18, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Toews told reporters after the game he wasn’t happy with how rough the Red Wings were with him and the rest of his team and that the calls should start being made because of it. Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times provides the postgame airing of grievances via Twitter.
“There’s a lot of clutch and grab, lot of interference, and if they’re going to let that go, that’s something we need to know,” Toews said. “It’s just tough to understand sometimes why we get roughing and hooking penalties, [and] that doesn’t go both ways.”
“If that’s the way they’re going to play, we need to play the same way.”
Is Toews ticked about losing and venting? Probably. Is he politicking for more calls to be made? Absolutely.
Chicago took five penalties to Detroit’s three while the Red Wings finished the game going 0-4 on the power play. Chicago went 0-2 in Game 2 but were 1-3 on the man advantage in Game 1. You can bet he wants to see his team get more chances on the power play moving forward.
Game 3 is Monday night at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)