May 18, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Toews told reporters after the game he wasn’t happy with how rough the Red Wings were with him and the rest of his team and that the calls should start being made because of it. Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times provides the postgame airing of grievances via Twitter.
“There’s a lot of clutch and grab, lot of interference, and if they’re going to let that go, that’s something we need to know,” Toews said. “It’s just tough to understand sometimes why we get roughing and hooking penalties, [and] that doesn’t go both ways.”
“If that’s the way they’re going to play, we need to play the same way.”
Is Toews ticked about losing and venting? Probably. Is he politicking for more calls to be made? Absolutely.
Chicago took five penalties to Detroit’s three while the Red Wings finished the game going 0-4 on the power play. Chicago went 0-2 in Game 2 but were 1-3 on the man advantage in Game 1. You can bet he wants to see his team get more chances on the power play moving forward.
Game 3 is Monday night at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 29
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)