May 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Ottawa center Jason Spezza again skated with the team today but this time he wasn’t sporting a “Black Aces” jersey. Instead he was sporting a white first-line jersey at the team’s optional skate and sounded like a guy who wants in for Game 3.
The Sens top center told reporters he’s ready to play in Game 3 for Ottawa and that doctors say everything is fine and he’s good to go if need be. Spezza says the decision on whether or not to play is up to him, so it seems like we can pencil him into the Senators lineup.
The last time we saw Spezza in action this year was against Pittsburgh on January 27. Since then, he’s had surgery on his back which kept him out for the rest of the regular season. Now that the team is down 2-0 to the Pens, there’s no time like the present for him to try and be a factor in turning things around.
Update: Coach Paul MacLean says Spezza will play in Game 3.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Colorado’s rookie sensation is inspiring some bold words.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Colorado might want to keep Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon together.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Special teams factored in.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
The defenseman last played in the first period.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
He’s clearly not wilting in the postseason spotlight.
Apr 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Columbus has been in the NHL since the 2000-01 season.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
More magic from Paul Stastny?
Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
Quite a busy 2:26 of ice time.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
“I have to be better.”
Apr 19, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
The Blues coach mostly pleads the fifth.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
His play may wind up costing him a suspension.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh carries a 1-0 series lead into Saturday.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Things changed fast late in the third period.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
His penalty got things going in the wrong direction for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Memo to players: wear a cup.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
His goal is the difference in the game through two.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
He’s been out since March 29 with a knee injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
He’s missed three games with an upper-body injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The Blackhawks look to head home with a split.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 0
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 106
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7