May 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Ottawa center Jason Spezza again skated with the team today but this time he wasn’t sporting a “Black Aces” jersey. Instead he was sporting a white first-line jersey at the team’s optional skate and sounded like a guy who wants in for Game 3.
The Sens top center told reporters he’s ready to play in Game 3 for Ottawa and that doctors say everything is fine and he’s good to go if need be. Spezza says the decision on whether or not to play is up to him, so it seems like we can pencil him into the Senators lineup.
The last time we saw Spezza in action this year was against Pittsburgh on January 27. Since then, he’s had surgery on his back which kept him out for the rest of the regular season. Now that the team is down 2-0 to the Pens, there’s no time like the present for him to try and be a factor in turning things around.
Update: Coach Paul MacLean says Spezza will play in Game 3.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)