May 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Ottawa center Jason Spezza again skated with the team today but this time he wasn’t sporting a “Black Aces” jersey. Instead he was sporting a white first-line jersey at the team’s optional skate and sounded like a guy who wants in for Game 3.
The Sens top center told reporters he’s ready to play in Game 3 for Ottawa and that doctors say everything is fine and he’s good to go if need be. Spezza says the decision on whether or not to play is up to him, so it seems like we can pencil him into the Senators lineup.
The last time we saw Spezza in action this year was against Pittsburgh on January 27. Since then, he’s had surgery on his back which kept him out for the rest of the regular season. Now that the team is down 2-0 to the Pens, there’s no time like the present for him to try and be a factor in turning things around.
Update: Coach Paul MacLean says Spezza will play in Game 3.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25