May 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Ottawa center Jason Spezza again skated with the team today but this time he wasn’t sporting a “Black Aces” jersey. Instead he was sporting a white first-line jersey at the team’s optional skate and sounded like a guy who wants in for Game 3.
The Sens top center told reporters he’s ready to play in Game 3 for Ottawa and that doctors say everything is fine and he’s good to go if need be. Spezza says the decision on whether or not to play is up to him, so it seems like we can pencil him into the Senators lineup.
The last time we saw Spezza in action this year was against Pittsburgh on January 27. Since then, he’s had surgery on his back which kept him out for the rest of the regular season. Now that the team is down 2-0 to the Pens, there’s no time like the present for him to try and be a factor in turning things around.
Update: Coach Paul MacLean says Spezza will play in Game 3.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7