May 18, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are fighting to get back into their second-round series against the Los Angeles Kings, but at this rate, they might not make it through a longer series.
Those familiar with Martin Havlat‘s injury history probably aren’t shocked to hear that the fragile winger is questionable to return during the same contest he came back from his latest ailment. The big worry, then, is that Logan Couture might not finish the game, either.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz believes that Couture hurt his left leg when it went awkwardly into the boards. The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson worries that the 24-year-old might have been cut by a skate. Either way, it’s a situation to watch, as Couture was an All-Star last season.
At least Scott Hannan returned from what looked like an injury, right Sharks fans? Right?
Update: Couture returned to action with 1:13 left in the second period, so we’ll see if he can fight through it.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)