May 18, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks are fighting to get back into their second-round series against the Los Angeles Kings, but at this rate, they might not make it through a longer series.
Those familiar with Martin Havlat‘s injury history probably aren’t shocked to hear that the fragile winger is questionable to return during the same contest he came back from his latest ailment. The big worry, then, is that Logan Couture might not finish the game, either.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz believes that Couture hurt his left leg when it went awkwardly into the boards. The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson worries that the 24-year-old might have been cut by a skate. Either way, it’s a situation to watch, as Couture was an All-Star last season.
At least Scott Hannan returned from what looked like an injury, right Sharks fans? Right?
Update: Couture returned to action with 1:13 left in the second period, so we’ll see if he can fight through it.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)