May 18, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are fighting to get back into their second-round series against the Los Angeles Kings, but at this rate, they might not make it through a longer series.
Those familiar with Martin Havlat‘s injury history probably aren’t shocked to hear that the fragile winger is questionable to return during the same contest he came back from his latest ailment. The big worry, then, is that Logan Couture might not finish the game, either.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz believes that Couture hurt his left leg when it went awkwardly into the boards. The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson worries that the 24-year-old might have been cut by a skate. Either way, it’s a situation to watch, as Couture was an All-Star last season.
At least Scott Hannan returned from what looked like an injury, right Sharks fans? Right?
Update: Couture returned to action with 1:13 left in the second period, so we’ll see if he can fight through it.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 6
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 8
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 16
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)