May 18, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are fighting to get back into their second-round series against the Los Angeles Kings, but at this rate, they might not make it through a longer series.
Those familiar with Martin Havlat‘s injury history probably aren’t shocked to hear that the fragile winger is questionable to return during the same contest he came back from his latest ailment. The big worry, then, is that Logan Couture might not finish the game, either.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz believes that Couture hurt his left leg when it went awkwardly into the boards. The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson worries that the 24-year-old might have been cut by a skate. Either way, it’s a situation to watch, as Couture was an All-Star last season.
At least Scott Hannan returned from what looked like an injury, right Sharks fans? Right?
Update: Couture returned to action with 1:13 left in the second period, so we’ll see if he can fight through it.
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 0
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 4
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 6
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 22
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 54
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)