May 18, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are fighting to get back into their second-round series against the Los Angeles Kings, but at this rate, they might not make it through a longer series.
Those familiar with Martin Havlat‘s injury history probably aren’t shocked to hear that the fragile winger is questionable to return during the same contest he came back from his latest ailment. The big worry, then, is that Logan Couture might not finish the game, either.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz believes that Couture hurt his left leg when it went awkwardly into the boards. The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson worries that the 24-year-old might have been cut by a skate. Either way, it’s a situation to watch, as Couture was an All-Star last season.
At least Scott Hannan returned from what looked like an injury, right Sharks fans? Right?
Update: Couture returned to action with 1:13 left in the second period, so we’ll see if he can fight through it.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 0
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 24
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 39
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 30
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41