May 18, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock is making one change for today’s Game 2 against Chicago.
During warmups it was forward Drew Miller taking line rushes with the fourth line instead of Todd Bertuzzi. Miller has missed the last 12 games with a broken thumb but will get his first start in the playoffs this afternoon. Miller was cleared for action yesterday.
In six playoff games, Bertuzzi has no points and is a minus-2 while averaging 9:39 time on ice. Miller taking his spot on the fourth line gives the Wings more defensive skill and a speedier skater to keep up with Chicago’s flying circus of offensive talent.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6