May 18, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
Much mystery surrounds L.A. Kings young forward Kyle Clifford. This is the NHL playoffs, after all.
Clifford, 22, hasn’t played since Game 5 of the Western Conference quarter-final against the St. Louis Blues due to an undisclosed injury, as per the L.A. Times.
He’s been skating, and did so again Friday, which of course is leading to curiosity about whether he will travel to San Jose for Games 3 and 4 of this semifinal between the Kings and Sharks.
“It’s up in the air right now,” said Clifford, according to L.A. Kings Insider, about the possibility of traveling to San Jose.
In five playoff games this year, Clifford had yet to record a point.
The Kings lead the best-of-seven series with their California rivals, the Sharks, by a 2-0 count, thanks in large to a late third period comeback on Thursday night.
Game 3 of the series goes Saturday.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)