May 18, 2013, 12:45 AM EST
Much mystery surrounds L.A. Kings young forward Kyle Clifford. This is the NHL playoffs, after all.
Clifford, 22, hasn’t played since Game 5 of the Western Conference quarter-final against the St. Louis Blues due to an undisclosed injury, as per the L.A. Times.
He’s been skating, and did so again Friday, which of course is leading to curiosity about whether he will travel to San Jose for Games 3 and 4 of this semifinal between the Kings and Sharks.
“It’s up in the air right now,” said Clifford, according to L.A. Kings Insider, about the possibility of traveling to San Jose.
In five playoff games this year, Clifford had yet to record a point.
The Kings lead the best-of-seven series with their California rivals, the Sharks, by a 2-0 count, thanks in large to a late third period comeback on Thursday night.
Game 3 of the series goes Saturday.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 16
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 5
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)