May 18, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
Much mystery surrounds L.A. Kings young forward Kyle Clifford. This is the NHL playoffs, after all.
Clifford, 22, hasn’t played since Game 5 of the Western Conference quarter-final against the St. Louis Blues due to an undisclosed injury, as per the L.A. Times.
He’s been skating, and did so again Friday, which of course is leading to curiosity about whether he will travel to San Jose for Games 3 and 4 of this semifinal between the Kings and Sharks.
“It’s up in the air right now,” said Clifford, according to L.A. Kings Insider, about the possibility of traveling to San Jose.
In five playoff games this year, Clifford had yet to record a point.
The Kings lead the best-of-seven series with their California rivals, the Sharks, by a 2-0 count, thanks in large to a late third period comeback on Thursday night.
Game 3 of the series goes Saturday.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 21
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)