May 18, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
Much mystery surrounds L.A. Kings young forward Kyle Clifford. This is the NHL playoffs, after all.
Clifford, 22, hasn’t played since Game 5 of the Western Conference quarter-final against the St. Louis Blues due to an undisclosed injury, as per the L.A. Times.
He’s been skating, and did so again Friday, which of course is leading to curiosity about whether he will travel to San Jose for Games 3 and 4 of this semifinal between the Kings and Sharks.
“It’s up in the air right now,” said Clifford, according to L.A. Kings Insider, about the possibility of traveling to San Jose.
In five playoff games this year, Clifford had yet to record a point.
The Kings lead the best-of-seven series with their California rivals, the Sharks, by a 2-0 count, thanks in large to a late third period comeback on Thursday night.
Game 3 of the series goes Saturday.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)