May 18, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
Much mystery surrounds L.A. Kings young forward Kyle Clifford. This is the NHL playoffs, after all.
Clifford, 22, hasn’t played since Game 5 of the Western Conference quarter-final against the St. Louis Blues due to an undisclosed injury, as per the L.A. Times.
He’s been skating, and did so again Friday, which of course is leading to curiosity about whether he will travel to San Jose for Games 3 and 4 of this semifinal between the Kings and Sharks.
“It’s up in the air right now,” said Clifford, according to L.A. Kings Insider, about the possibility of traveling to San Jose.
In five playoff games this year, Clifford had yet to record a point.
The Kings lead the best-of-seven series with their California rivals, the Sharks, by a 2-0 count, thanks in large to a late third period comeback on Thursday night.
Game 3 of the series goes Saturday.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)