May 18, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Tonight’s Game 3 in San Jose could feature a couple of new faces to the series.
Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com reports forward Martin Havlat will return to the Sharks lineup after missing time with a lower body injury. Havlat last played in Game 1 of their series against Vancouver and saw just 3:16 of ice time before exiting the game. Coach Todd McLellan is banking on his experience to help them out in Game 3.
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Kings will be putting yet another youngster on the spot as rookie Tanner Pearson will make his NHL debut on the fourth line tonight. ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun says Pearson will join Brad Richardson and Colin Fraser on that line. Pearson was the Kings’ first-round draft pick in 2012, 30th overall.
TSN’s Farhan Lalji notes Pearson would be the 23rd player the Kings have used in the playoffs, one more than they used during their Stanley Cup run last season.
As LeBrun shares, Kings coach Darryl Sutter may be doing a bit of gamesmanship through this saying he could go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen. If he goes with 12 forwards however, Pearson will play. Jordan Nolan would likely be swapped out in either case.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)