May 18, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Tonight’s Game 3 in San Jose could feature a couple of new faces to the series.
Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com reports forward Martin Havlat will return to the Sharks lineup after missing time with a lower body injury. Havlat last played in Game 1 of their series against Vancouver and saw just 3:16 of ice time before exiting the game. Coach Todd McLellan is banking on his experience to help them out in Game 3.
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Kings will be putting yet another youngster on the spot as rookie Tanner Pearson will make his NHL debut on the fourth line tonight. ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun says Pearson will join Brad Richardson and Colin Fraser on that line. Pearson was the Kings’ first-round draft pick in 2012, 30th overall.
TSN’s Farhan Lalji notes Pearson would be the 23rd player the Kings have used in the playoffs, one more than they used during their Stanley Cup run last season.
As LeBrun shares, Kings coach Darryl Sutter may be doing a bit of gamesmanship through this saying he could go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen. If he goes with 12 forwards however, Pearson will play. Jordan Nolan would likely be swapped out in either case.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 25
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 26
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)