May 18, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
As Martin Havlat checks in for the San Jose Sharks in Game 3, the Los Angeles Kings defense will look slightly different on Saturday as well.
Alec Martinez will be out of the lineup in favor of Keaton Ellerby. Matt Greene also is out of action, as the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott points out. Winger Tanner Pearson is making his NHL debut.
Ellerby, 24, has appeared in four postseason games so far, averaging 10:17 minutes per game.
Havlat pushes Tim Kennedy out of the Sharks lineup, by the way.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)