May 18, 2013, 1:47 AM EDT
Dougie Hamilton is still eligible to play in junior hockey playoffs.
However, at the age of 19, Hamilton is contributing to a Boston Bruins team that has an opportunity to make it back to the Eastern Conference final for the second time in three years.
Hamilton had an assist – his first career Stanley Cup playoff point – for the Bruins in Thursday’s overtime victory over the New York Rangers in the first game of the Eastern Conference semifinal.
He was a plus-two in addition to what he tallied on the score sheet.
He’s also seen a climb in his ice time during these playoffs. In his first two games against Toronto, Hamilton had 13:32 and 10:49, respectively, in time on ice. The last two games, he’s played 21:08 and 20:45 – the latter total coming in Game 1 against New York.
“I don’t really feel like a rookie or a new player anymore. I just feel like a guy that’s trying to take advantage of the situation that I’m in,” Hamilton told CSNNE.com.
“There’s more intensity. Every play matters, and you care about every play more. Guys are willing to work harder to not make mistakes. There are definitely some games during the regular season where it feels like the playoffs, but now there is consistently more intensity and more of a willingness to do what it takes to win.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)