May 18, 2013, 1:47 AM EDT
Dougie Hamilton is still eligible to play in junior hockey playoffs.
However, at the age of 19, Hamilton is contributing to a Boston Bruins team that has an opportunity to make it back to the Eastern Conference final for the second time in three years.
Hamilton had an assist – his first career Stanley Cup playoff point – for the Bruins in Thursday’s overtime victory over the New York Rangers in the first game of the Eastern Conference semifinal.
He was a plus-two in addition to what he tallied on the score sheet.
He’s also seen a climb in his ice time during these playoffs. In his first two games against Toronto, Hamilton had 13:32 and 10:49, respectively, in time on ice. The last two games, he’s played 21:08 and 20:45 – the latter total coming in Game 1 against New York.
“I don’t really feel like a rookie or a new player anymore. I just feel like a guy that’s trying to take advantage of the situation that I’m in,” Hamilton told CSNNE.com.
“There’s more intensity. Every play matters, and you care about every play more. Guys are willing to work harder to not make mistakes. There are definitely some games during the regular season where it feels like the playoffs, but now there is consistently more intensity and more of a willingness to do what it takes to win.”
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 9
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 9
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)