May 18, 2013, 1:47 AM EST
Dougie Hamilton is still eligible to play in junior hockey playoffs.
However, at the age of 19, Hamilton is contributing to a Boston Bruins team that has an opportunity to make it back to the Eastern Conference final for the second time in three years.
Hamilton had an assist – his first career Stanley Cup playoff point – for the Bruins in Thursday’s overtime victory over the New York Rangers in the first game of the Eastern Conference semifinal.
He was a plus-two in addition to what he tallied on the score sheet.
He’s also seen a climb in his ice time during these playoffs. In his first two games against Toronto, Hamilton had 13:32 and 10:49, respectively, in time on ice. The last two games, he’s played 21:08 and 20:45 – the latter total coming in Game 1 against New York.
“I don’t really feel like a rookie or a new player anymore. I just feel like a guy that’s trying to take advantage of the situation that I’m in,” Hamilton told CSNNE.com.
“There’s more intensity. Every play matters, and you care about every play more. Guys are willing to work harder to not make mistakes. There are definitely some games during the regular season where it feels like the playoffs, but now there is consistently more intensity and more of a willingness to do what it takes to win.”
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 13
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)