May 18, 2013, 8:11 PM EST
The Boston Bruins got by in Game 1 against the New York Rangers with a pretty green defense corps, as Torey Krug enjoyed an impressive playoff debut. Even so, they’d probably prefer to have some of their experienced blueliners back.
It’s unclear if that will be the case for Game 2 on Sunday, but the team reports some progress during practice on Saturday.
Wade Redden practiced with the team while Dennis Seidenberg skated on his own. While head coach Claude Julien said he doesn’t expect Seidenberg to play in Game 2, Redden is labelled a game-time (or at least Sunday) decision.
Redden, 35, understands the difference between being healthy enough to play versus being healthy enough to be effective.
“Everybody wants to be out there, but it’s got to be the right way,” added Redden. “If you go out there and you’re not able to do what you need to do you’re only hurting the team.”
“We’re kind of on the outside, you know – you want to get healthy, you want to do everything you can to get back.”
It remains to be seen if he’ll be good to go tomorrow.
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 3
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 5
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)