May 17, 2013, 12:50 AM EST
Maybe San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic needed a borderline hit to get going.
He missed some time during Thursday’s Game 2 match after Jeff Carter received a two-minute minor for charging him late in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Vlasic managed to return in the third period and scored a 3-2 goal, as you can see below:
This represents the 74th career playoff game for the 26-year-old and his first-ever postseason goal.
It wasn’t the game-winner, however, as his delay of game penalty set up a Kings 5-on-3 that swung a 3-2 lead to a 4-3 deficit.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12