May 17, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
Maybe San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic needed a borderline hit to get going.
He missed some time during Thursday’s Game 2 match after Jeff Carter received a two-minute minor for charging him late in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Vlasic managed to return in the third period and scored a 3-2 goal, as you can see below:
This represents the 74th career playoff game for the 26-year-old and his first-ever postseason goal.
It wasn’t the game-winner, however, as his delay of game penalty set up a Kings 5-on-3 that swung a 3-2 lead to a 4-3 deficit.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 6
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)