May 17, 2013, 12:50 AM EST
Maybe San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic needed a borderline hit to get going.
He missed some time during Thursday’s Game 2 match after Jeff Carter received a two-minute minor for charging him late in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Vlasic managed to return in the third period and scored a 3-2 goal, as you can see below:
This represents the 74th career playoff game for the 26-year-old and his first-ever postseason goal.
It wasn’t the game-winner, however, as his delay of game penalty set up a Kings 5-on-3 that swung a 3-2 lead to a 4-3 deficit.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)