May 17, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
Maybe San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic needed a borderline hit to get going.
He missed some time during Thursday’s Game 2 match after Jeff Carter received a two-minute minor for charging him late in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Vlasic managed to return in the third period and scored a 3-2 goal, as you can see below:
This represents the 74th career playoff game for the 26-year-old and his first-ever postseason goal.
It wasn’t the game-winner, however, as his delay of game penalty set up a Kings 5-on-3 that swung a 3-2 lead to a 4-3 deficit.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)