May 17, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
Maybe San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic needed a borderline hit to get going.
He missed some time during Thursday’s Game 2 match after Jeff Carter received a two-minute minor for charging him late in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Vlasic managed to return in the third period and scored a 3-2 goal, as you can see below:
This represents the 74th career playoff game for the 26-year-old and his first-ever postseason goal.
It wasn’t the game-winner, however, as his delay of game penalty set up a Kings 5-on-3 that swung a 3-2 lead to a 4-3 deficit.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5