May 17, 2013, 9:49 PM EST
Not sure what was better: the save, or Colin Greening flying through the air immediately after.
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun denied Greening with a left pad save off a rush to the net in the second period of Friday’s Game 2 between the Penguins and Ottawa Senators.
Gathering speed through the neutral zone, Greening split the Penguins’ defensive pairing, went forehand and then backhand but Vokoun threw out the left pad at the last second.
Greening then tripped over the pad and went flying into the net, knocking it loose on a spectacular collision.
The save maintained the Penguins’ 4-2 lead over the Senators at the midway point of the second period. The Senators have since scored early in the third period to cut the deficit to a goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)