May 17, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
Not sure what was better: the save, or Colin Greening flying through the air immediately after.
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun denied Greening with a left pad save off a rush to the net in the second period of Friday’s Game 2 between the Penguins and Ottawa Senators.
Gathering speed through the neutral zone, Greening split the Penguins’ defensive pairing, went forehand and then backhand but Vokoun threw out the left pad at the last second.
Greening then tripped over the pad and went flying into the net, knocking it loose on a spectacular collision.
The save maintained the Penguins’ 4-2 lead over the Senators at the midway point of the second period. The Senators have since scored early in the third period to cut the deficit to a goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)