May 17, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
Not sure what was better: the save, or Colin Greening flying through the air immediately after.
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun denied Greening with a left pad save off a rush to the net in the second period of Friday’s Game 2 between the Penguins and Ottawa Senators.
Gathering speed through the neutral zone, Greening split the Penguins’ defensive pairing, went forehand and then backhand but Vokoun threw out the left pad at the last second.
Greening then tripped over the pad and went flying into the net, knocking it loose on a spectacular collision.
The save maintained the Penguins’ 4-2 lead over the Senators at the midway point of the second period. The Senators have since scored early in the third period to cut the deficit to a goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6