May 17, 2013, 9:49 PM EST
Not sure what was better: the save, or Colin Greening flying through the air immediately after.
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun denied Greening with a left pad save off a rush to the net in the second period of Friday’s Game 2 between the Penguins and Ottawa Senators.
Gathering speed through the neutral zone, Greening split the Penguins’ defensive pairing, went forehand and then backhand but Vokoun threw out the left pad at the last second.
Greening then tripped over the pad and went flying into the net, knocking it loose on a spectacular collision.
The save maintained the Penguins’ 4-2 lead over the Senators at the midway point of the second period. The Senators have since scored early in the third period to cut the deficit to a goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54