May 17, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
Crosby notched the hat trick for the Pittsburgh Penguins, but Morrow scored the winning goal as the Penguins defeated the Ottawa Senators 4-3 on Friday to take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal.
Morrow’s goal gave Pittsburgh a two-goal lead before the midway point of the second period, however Jean-Gabriel Pageau scored for Ottawa early in the third, setting up for a close finish.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40