May 17, 2013, 9:01 PM EST
Arguably the best hockey player on the planet is playing like it right now.
Pittsburgh Penguins’ star and captain Sidney Crosby has already recorded the hat trick tonight against the Ottawa Senators, and the game had yet to hit the halfway mark when that happened.
His three goals propelled the Penguins to a 3-1 lead in the second period of Game 2 between the Penguins and Senators. His first of the night gave him 100 career playoff points.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Crosby has now hit 102 playoff points in 75 playoff games.
As per a tweet earlier in the game from @PensInsideScoop, “…Crosby now has 101 career playoff points, moving past Ron Francis and into 4th place on the (Penguins’) all-time list.”
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 10
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 28
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 45
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)