May 17, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
Arguably the best hockey player on the planet is playing like it right now.
Pittsburgh Penguins’ star and captain Sidney Crosby has already recorded the hat trick tonight against the Ottawa Senators, and the game had yet to hit the halfway mark when that happened.
His three goals propelled the Penguins to a 3-1 lead in the second period of Game 2 between the Penguins and Senators. His first of the night gave him 100 career playoff points.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Crosby has now hit 102 playoff points in 75 playoff games.
As per a tweet earlier in the game from @PensInsideScoop, “…Crosby now has 101 career playoff points, moving past Ron Francis and into 4th place on the (Penguins’) all-time list.”
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 34
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 3
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 21
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Video: More late-game nastiness between Flames, Canucks 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)