May 17, 2013, 12:43 AM EST
Apparently Slovenian hockey players are tough, too.
Los Angeles Kings fans were understandably concerned when star center Anze Kopitar left Thursday’s Game 2 after taking a puck to the head in the third period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Kings already are without center Jarret Stoll, so losing another key pivot would have been brutal.
Instead, Kopitar returned in that same final frame, prompting the Kings arena staff to play the “Rocky” theme song.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 0
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 13
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10