May 17, 2013, 12:43 AM EDT
Apparently Slovenian hockey players are tough, too.
Los Angeles Kings fans were understandably concerned when star center Anze Kopitar left Thursday’s Game 2 after taking a puck to the head in the third period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Kings already are without center Jarret Stoll, so losing another key pivot would have been brutal.
Instead, Kopitar returned in that same final frame, prompting the Kings arena staff to play the “Rocky” theme song.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 4
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)