May 17, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Spezza has yet, however, to receive clearance from doctors. The 29-year-old forward, who finished fourth in the NHL in points (84) last season, underwent surgery to fix a herniated disc on Feb. 1.
“He continues to skate on a daily basis and makes progress,” said Sens coach Paul MacLean Friday. “We’ll go through practice (Saturday) and the pre-game skate and we’ll see where it is. If he’s available to us, it’s Jason Spezza, we’re going to have him in the lineup.”
Game 2 of the series goes tonight in Pittsburgh. The Penguins took Game 1 by a score of 4-1.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 1
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6