May 17, 2013, 9:02 AM EST
San Jose was up 3-2 and trying to kill a penalty with less than three minutes left in regulation time when Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic was charged with a delay of game penalty.
Vlasic and his teammates thought the puck hit Kings forward Jeff Carter before going into the stands, but the referees obviously disagreed.
That was the turning point of this contest and two power-play goals later, the Kings were the victors.
After the game, Sharks coach Todd McLellan was asked if he thought Vlasic’s penalty was the right call.
“You go back and look at it, it looks like it changed direction,” McLellan said in a CSN Bay Area report. “The one thing that I’ve learned, certainly through this playoffs, is it’s not going to do me any good to whine and moan and bitch about the referees.
“It’s not going to get us anywhere. We took some penalties, we needed to kill them, and we move on.”
The Sharks are down 2-0 in the series, but now they get to go back home where they were 17-2-5 in the regular season. Winning Game 3 will obviously be critic for the Sharks, but they seem upbeat under the circumstances.
“The one thing I like about our team, is maybe in the past this would have probably bothered our team a little more,” McLellan said. “But, with the group of guys we have, I think we can recover from this.”
If you want to see footage of Vlasic’s actions, here it is:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Jan 25, 2015, 6:18 PM EST
Johansen scored again before the first period ended.
Jan 25, 2015, 5:43 PM EST
Vancouver forward gets Team Foligno on the board early.
Jan 25, 2015, 4:58 PM EST
A grab bag of fun as the game rapidly approaches.
Jan 25, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
It’s the 2015 NHL All-Star Game from Nationwide Arena in Columbus, on NBCSN.
Jan 25, 2015, 3:33 PM EST
Team Foligno and Team Toews square off.
Jan 25, 2015, 3:20 PM EST
He’ll probably be OK.
Jan 25, 2015, 2:02 PM EST
The bubble seems limited, at least.
Jan 25, 2015, 12:48 PM EST
He has more control over his chances in the All-Star Game itself.
Jan 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EST
Maybe we should ease up on the guy.
Jan 25, 2015, 10:50 AM EST
A rare opportunity sidetracked by his groin injury.
Jan 25, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
It sounds like he won’t face the same headaches as others who skipped the event.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:03 PM EST
See you all tomorrow.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:41 PM EST
Florida’s All-Star goalie never gave up on it.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:14 PM EST
Just 0.3 away from Zdeno Chara’s all-time record.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:09 PM EST
Jan 24, 2015, 8:34 PM EST
Team Foligno running away with this.
Jan 24, 2015, 8:21 PM EST
That’s an all-time screencap right there.
Jan 24, 2015, 7:55 PM EST
Team Foligno sweeps first competition.
Jan 24, 2015, 7:09 PM EST
Johnny Hockey gets the nod.
Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
Has gone from forward to defense, back to forward and back to defense.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)