May 17, 2013, 11:08 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators’ dynamic young defenseman Erik Karlsson struggled,and the his team is now in deep against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
In Friday’s 4-3 to the Penguins in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinal, Karlsson was a minus-two.
To make matters worse, he was the blue liner Sidney Crosby dangled around to open the scoring early in the first period.
That goal was the first of three on the night for Crosby, and the beginning of a tough guy game for Karlsson.
Senators’ coach Paul MacLean – a finalist for the Jack Adams Award – had some strong words for Karlsson following the game.
“On our team the best players play; Erik wasn’t one of the best players so he didn’t play,” said MacLean about Karlsson, as per a tweet from TSN Radio 1050.
Karlsson’s ice-time was reduced drastically in Game 2. He had 21 shifts for 15:37 in time on ice. Compare that to Game 1, when he had 27 shifts for 26:58.
Jun 2, 2015, 3:23 PM EDT
Anaheim has the cap space to make that happen.
Jun 2, 2015, 3:04 PM EDT
“You’ve got to take care of the time you have in front of you.”
Jun 2, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
He also might enter the season on the hot seat.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
“We let them hang around too long, and they bit us.”
Jun 2, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Still, he doesn’t think much of the idea of making the nets smaller.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Stanley Cup media got off to a rather complimentary start.
Jun 2, 2015, 12:29 PM EDT
Ray Shero also outlined the team’s philosophy going forward.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
But is there room in Vancouver?
Jun 2, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
There will also be a charitable donation.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Pierre McGuire and Dan Patrick discuss.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:56 AM EDT
Only one more day until Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
The Penguins hope to know more about Dupuis’ chances of returning soon.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:43 AM EDT
Played in one game for Winnipeg last season.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:59 AM EDT
He needs time to think about his future.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:12 AM EDT
“I don’t win them and I don’t think I’m losing them.”
Jun 2, 2015, 8:09 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:00 AM EDT
Andre Tourigny could be joining the club as an assistant coach.
Jun 2, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
The deal includes a $120,000 signing bonus.
Jun 1, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
They’re two way contracts worth $575,000.
Jun 1, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
If they advance to the Calder Cup final.
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 5
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 7
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 6
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 4
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 84
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 34
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (85)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)