May 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
The 26-year-0ld Staal has played just once since March 5, when he suffered a devastating eye injury after he got hit with a puck.
Staal played in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarter-final against the Washington Capitals, with 17 minutes and 17 seconds of ice time. He didn’t register a point in his return and was a minus-one.
However, he hasn’t played since. He didn’t disclose exactly why he didn’t get back into game action following his return.
As per the New York Daily News, there is no time table for his return.
The Rangers currently trail the Boston Bruins 1-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)