May 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
The 26-year-0ld Staal has played just once since March 5, when he suffered a devastating eye injury after he got hit with a puck.
Staal played in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarter-final against the Washington Capitals, with 17 minutes and 17 seconds of ice time. He didn’t register a point in his return and was a minus-one.
However, he hasn’t played since. He didn’t disclose exactly why he didn’t get back into game action following his return.
As per the New York Daily News, there is no time table for his return.
The Rangers currently trail the Boston Bruins 1-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)