May 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
The 26-year-0ld Staal has played just once since March 5, when he suffered a devastating eye injury after he got hit with a puck.
Staal played in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarter-final against the Washington Capitals, with 17 minutes and 17 seconds of ice time. He didn’t register a point in his return and was a minus-one.
However, he hasn’t played since. He didn’t disclose exactly why he didn’t get back into game action following his return.
As per the New York Daily News, there is no time table for his return.
The Rangers currently trail the Boston Bruins 1-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39