May 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
The 26-year-0ld Staal has played just once since March 5, when he suffered a devastating eye injury after he got hit with a puck.
Staal played in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarter-final against the Washington Capitals, with 17 minutes and 17 seconds of ice time. He didn’t register a point in his return and was a minus-one.
However, he hasn’t played since. He didn’t disclose exactly why he didn’t get back into game action following his return.
As per the New York Daily News, there is no time table for his return.
The Rangers currently trail the Boston Bruins 1-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)