May 17, 2013, 7:12 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Make-A-Wish gave 13-year-old Logan Piz the Stanley Cup for a day. (Denver Post)
Capitals coach Adam Oates wants his team to think of Boston for inspiration after years of Washington falling short in the playoffs. Oates argued that the Bruins were “same team going on the same page” from their three years of being eliminated early in the playoffs to their Stanley Cup winning season. “That’s why I think that you gotta stay with it, everyone try and keep getting better and one day it will just happen,” Oates said. (CSN Washington)
A look at how some of the NHL’s best players are doing in the playoff beard department. (Puck Daddy)
Highlights from Los Angeles’ 4-3 victory over San Jose:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 0
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 11
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13