May 17, 2013, 7:12 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Make-A-Wish gave 13-year-old Logan Piz the Stanley Cup for a day. (Denver Post)
Capitals coach Adam Oates wants his team to think of Boston for inspiration after years of Washington falling short in the playoffs. Oates argued that the Bruins were “same team going on the same page” from their three years of being eliminated early in the playoffs to their Stanley Cup winning season. “That’s why I think that you gotta stay with it, everyone try and keep getting better and one day it will just happen,” Oates said. (CSN Washington)
A look at how some of the NHL’s best players are doing in the playoff beard department. (Puck Daddy)
Highlights from Los Angeles’ 4-3 victory over San Jose:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5