May 17, 2013, 7:12 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Make-A-Wish gave 13-year-old Logan Piz the Stanley Cup for a day. (Denver Post)
Capitals coach Adam Oates wants his team to think of Boston for inspiration after years of Washington falling short in the playoffs. Oates argued that the Bruins were “same team going on the same page” from their three years of being eliminated early in the playoffs to their Stanley Cup winning season. “That’s why I think that you gotta stay with it, everyone try and keep getting better and one day it will just happen,” Oates said. (CSN Washington)
A look at how some of the NHL’s best players are doing in the playoff beard department. (Puck Daddy)
Highlights from Los Angeles’ 4-3 victory over San Jose:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45