May 17, 2013, 7:12 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Make-A-Wish gave 13-year-old Logan Piz the Stanley Cup for a day. (Denver Post)
Capitals coach Adam Oates wants his team to think of Boston for inspiration after years of Washington falling short in the playoffs. Oates argued that the Bruins were “same team going on the same page” from their three years of being eliminated early in the playoffs to their Stanley Cup winning season. “That’s why I think that you gotta stay with it, everyone try and keep getting better and one day it will just happen,” Oates said. (CSN Washington)
A look at how some of the NHL’s best players are doing in the playoff beard department. (Puck Daddy)
Highlights from Los Angeles’ 4-3 victory over San Jose:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 24
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8