May 17, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Sounds as though San Jose could be getting Martin Havlat back in the lineup on Saturday when the Sharks host the Kings in Game 3 of their Western Conference semifinal.
“Getting better. We’ll see how it goes [Saturday] morning,” Havlat told CSN Bay Area of his lower-body injury. “We’ll see. Like I said, we’ll see how it feels tomorrow.
“It’s getting closer and closer.”
Havlat, 32, had eight goals and 10 assists in 40 games with the Sharks this year, averaging nearly 16 minutes per game.
He was injured during Game 1 of the Vancouver series,but has since resumed skating with the team.
It remains something of a mystery as to what Havlat’s injury is — all he would say is that it didn’t occur when Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa jabbed him between the legs.
Sharks head coach Todd McLellan said he was also unsure as to Havlat’s status.
“That’s Marty, mother nature and the trainer’s decision,” he explained. “I can’t speed any of those up as a coach. I hope that one day soon that he comes knocking on my door and tells me that he’s ready to go, because we could sure use him.”
Burish confirmed to CSN that he broke his hand while blocking a shot in Game 4 against Vancouver. He was ruled out by the team for the entire second round, but claimed his goal is to return at some point against the Kings.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)