May 17, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Sounds as though San Jose could be getting Martin Havlat back in the lineup on Saturday when the Sharks host the Kings in Game 3 of their Western Conference semifinal.
“Getting better. We’ll see how it goes [Saturday] morning,” Havlat told CSN Bay Area of his lower-body injury. “We’ll see. Like I said, we’ll see how it feels tomorrow.
“It’s getting closer and closer.”
Havlat, 32, had eight goals and 10 assists in 40 games with the Sharks this year, averaging nearly 16 minutes per game.
He was injured during Game 1 of the Vancouver series,but has since resumed skating with the team.
It remains something of a mystery as to what Havlat’s injury is — all he would say is that it didn’t occur when Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa jabbed him between the legs.
Sharks head coach Todd McLellan said he was also unsure as to Havlat’s status.
“That’s Marty, mother nature and the trainer’s decision,” he explained. “I can’t speed any of those up as a coach. I hope that one day soon that he comes knocking on my door and tells me that he’s ready to go, because we could sure use him.”
Burish confirmed to CSN that he broke his hand while blocking a shot in Game 4 against Vancouver. He was ruled out by the team for the entire second round, but claimed his goal is to return at some point against the Kings.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)