May 17, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Sounds as though San Jose could be getting Martin Havlat back in the lineup on Saturday when the Sharks host the Kings in Game 3 of their Western Conference semifinal.
“Getting better. We’ll see how it goes [Saturday] morning,” Havlat told CSN Bay Area of his lower-body injury. “We’ll see. Like I said, we’ll see how it feels tomorrow.
“It’s getting closer and closer.”
Havlat, 32, had eight goals and 10 assists in 40 games with the Sharks this year, averaging nearly 16 minutes per game.
He was injured during Game 1 of the Vancouver series,but has since resumed skating with the team.
It remains something of a mystery as to what Havlat’s injury is — all he would say is that it didn’t occur when Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa jabbed him between the legs.
Sharks head coach Todd McLellan said he was also unsure as to Havlat’s status.
“That’s Marty, mother nature and the trainer’s decision,” he explained. “I can’t speed any of those up as a coach. I hope that one day soon that he comes knocking on my door and tells me that he’s ready to go, because we could sure use him.”
Burish confirmed to CSN that he broke his hand while blocking a shot in Game 4 against Vancouver. He was ruled out by the team for the entire second round, but claimed his goal is to return at some point against the Kings.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)