May 16, 2013, 8:52 PM EST
Hardcore New York Rangers fans aren’t always kind to Michael Del Zotto – they cruelly call him “Del Zaster” – but even his harshest critics might need to admit he’s pretty tough.
A month after shaking off a puck to the nose, Del Zotto returned during the second period of Game 1 after taking a puck to the ear area late in the opening frame of Thursday’s contest against the Boston Bruins:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That could have been, well, disastrous.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)