May 16, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
Hardcore New York Rangers fans aren’t always kind to Michael Del Zotto – they cruelly call him “Del Zaster” – but even his harshest critics might need to admit he’s pretty tough.
A month after shaking off a puck to the nose, Del Zotto returned during the second period of Game 1 after taking a puck to the ear area late in the opening frame of Thursday’s contest against the Boston Bruins:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That could have been, well, disastrous.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 10
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 6
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 9
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 25
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)