May 16, 2013, 4:01 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings will be down a pair of forwards for Game 2 of their Western Conference semifinal against San Jose on Thursday.
Stoll is still feeling the effects of a Raffi Torres hit from Game 1, while Clifford will miss his third straight game with an undisclosed injury.
Based on this morning’s skate, it appears Brad Richardson will draw in for Stoll at the third line center position.
Richardson, 28, has appeared in one game this postseason — LA’s playoff-opening loss to the Blues — and only played in 16 regular season contests, notching 1G-5A-6PTS.
Rookie Tyler Toffoli will continue to play as a fourth-line winger in place of Clifford. In three playoff games thus far, Toffoli has averaged around nine minutes per night.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)