May 16, 2013, 4:01 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings will be down a pair of forwards for Game 2 of their Western Conference semifinal against San Jose on Thursday.
Stoll is still feeling the effects of a Raffi Torres hit from Game 1, while Clifford will miss his third straight game with an undisclosed injury.
Based on this morning’s skate, it appears Brad Richardson will draw in for Stoll at the third line center position.
Richardson, 28, has appeared in one game this postseason — LA’s playoff-opening loss to the Blues — and only played in 16 regular season contests, notching 1G-5A-6PTS.
Rookie Tyler Toffoli will continue to play as a fourth-line winger in place of Clifford. In three playoff games thus far, Toffoli has averaged around nine minutes per night.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 130
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (130)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)