May 16, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will be down a pair of forwards for Game 2 of their Western Conference semifinal against San Jose on Thursday.
Stoll is still feeling the effects of a Raffi Torres hit from Game 1, while Clifford will miss his third straight game with an undisclosed injury.
Based on this morning’s skate, it appears Brad Richardson will draw in for Stoll at the third line center position.
Richardson, 28, has appeared in one game this postseason — LA’s playoff-opening loss to the Blues — and only played in 16 regular season contests, notching 1G-5A-6PTS.
Rookie Tyler Toffoli will continue to play as a fourth-line winger in place of Clifford. In three playoff games thus far, Toffoli has averaged around nine minutes per night.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 24
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 23
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)