May 16, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will be down a pair of forwards for Game 2 of their Western Conference semifinal against San Jose on Thursday.
Stoll is still feeling the effects of a Raffi Torres hit from Game 1, while Clifford will miss his third straight game with an undisclosed injury.
Based on this morning’s skate, it appears Brad Richardson will draw in for Stoll at the third line center position.
Richardson, 28, has appeared in one game this postseason — LA’s playoff-opening loss to the Blues — and only played in 16 regular season contests, notching 1G-5A-6PTS.
Rookie Tyler Toffoli will continue to play as a fourth-line winger in place of Clifford. In three playoff games thus far, Toffoli has averaged around nine minutes per night.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (74)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)