May 16, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will be down a pair of forwards for Game 2 of their Western Conference semifinal against San Jose on Thursday.
Stoll is still feeling the effects of a Raffi Torres hit from Game 1, while Clifford will miss his third straight game with an undisclosed injury.
Based on this morning’s skate, it appears Brad Richardson will draw in for Stoll at the third line center position.
Richardson, 28, has appeared in one game this postseason — LA’s playoff-opening loss to the Blues — and only played in 16 regular season contests, notching 1G-5A-6PTS.
Rookie Tyler Toffoli will continue to play as a fourth-line winger in place of Clifford. In three playoff games thus far, Toffoli has averaged around nine minutes per night.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)